There are numerous types of mattresses with many different pricing options available in the market. But the confusion is, what's the most suitable type for your needs? The answer is not that simple. You need to consider many factors while concluding on your mattress. After all that's the place where you want to spend your relaxing time.
Before you make the buying decision, you need to consider your bedroom size, your sleeping habits, your body tendencies (like if you have any allergies or not), average room temperature you have, the space you and your spouse may need individually and last but not the least, your favourite sleeping position / your sleeping habit.
So, if you’re interested in comparing the same model in different places, try one of these tips:
- Just tell the salesperson what you saw, and where you saw it. They will usually have comparison sheets, or be able to call a manufacturer’s representative to find out what the comparable mattress is. Don’t be worried about them trying to sell you a different bed – most salespeople would rather have another associate at a different store do all the heavy lifting of helping you pick out the perfect bed. It’s much easier to just undercut the price, and write up the order than to try and convince you that a different mattress is the same, or move you to a different model.
- Still not convinced? Ask for the specifications. Most retailers will have sheets that have all of the layers of the interiors of the mattresses. If the inner layers of mattresses are EXACTLY the same, in the same order, and of the same quantity, it’s the same bed.
- You can always call the manufacturer, and they may be able to help you. This is a good idea when you cannot seem to find the same bed anywhere else. The manufacturer can look up the mattress by the model number (which is on the law tag of the bed), and check to make sure that it’s a current year model. They can also tell you if that store has exclusive rights to that bed, which is why you may not be able to find it anywhere else.
- Some stores may have exclusive features on their beds, such as upgraded covers. Usually, these are superficial additions, and should not factor in to your price comparison. Sure, a cotton stretch cover in a beautiful weave is great, but is it going to make you sleep $100 better? Probably not.
- There are websites that will post as many alternative names for their products as they can find. It’s usually an attempt to create transparency, and show that their prices are truly the best. Again, there is no reason to deceive the public on this – retailers want their sales to stay sold, and want to avoid costly exchanges and returns.
Overall, if you want to compare the same mattresses at different retailers, it is possible with a little help from the retailer themselves. Most stores are more than willing to help you, if they think that they can earn your business.
Explore the wholesale deals on all types of mattresses with Snooze Sleep UK.