Doctors regularly mention that adults need 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every day to function optimally. But it’s not just about being productive during the day, is it? Just like you need good food, a healthy environment and ample amounts of exercise for mental and physical well-being, you also need sleep! Your brain clears out waste when you sleep.
And did anyone tell you that sleeping for the prescribed amount of time will keep heart and digestive issues at bay? At the same time, sleep also refreshes your body while enhancing your memory as well as taking care of your metabolism.
But in the present century, sleeping has become a luxury for people with 9-to-5 jobs. Successful entrepreneurs and business people are known to take vacations after completing work on significant projects. Why? Because they want to catch up on sleep!
Due to crazy and busy schedules, most people are unable to relax their body and brain due to which sleep evades them. They end up tossing and turning the whole time with insomnia slowly becoming a regular visitor. But you can avoid this by following the below mentioned tips to induce relaxation:
1. Cut back on caffeine and sugar. Try chamomile tea to calm your nerves instead.
2. Get rid of screens 1 hour prior to bedtime. This is because electronic gadgets get you all distracted. The light emitted from such gadgets fools your body into thinking that it’s not tired enough.
3. Try breathing techniques to relax your body and brain instead. We have covered breathing techniques in an earlier blog post!
4. If you have a sedentary lifestyle, then consider working out. This will improve the quality of sleep. Additionally, don’t snack on junk food and have your dinner two hours before it’s time to get to bed.
5. Try lavender or valerian essential oils to induce mental calmness and bodily relaxation. Add 3 drops of essential oil to a diffuser for better sleep.
6. Your muscles might be all tensed up because you worked all day. Get a foot massage or a massage chair to relax the muscles. Additionally, you can also opt for a warm bath to feel heavenly!
7. Consider signing up for a vipassana, yoga or mindfulness course. Millions of people around the world have had positive results from them.
8. Find the right Mattress for you. Every person has different sleeping habit. Some are back sleepers while some are stomach sleeper. Each sleeping habit needs a specific type of Mattress in order to keep a healthy posture and avoid joint pain after a long sleeping hours. Checkout the reference to select the mattress for yourself.